Small Professional Design firm seeks full-time CAD Designer in Burbank, CA.
We design audio, video and computer control systems and provide professional engineering support to our clients. The ideal candidate would have a positive, can-do attitude, be organized, responsible, self-motivated, and be willing and able to learn and contribute to our growing firm.
- Work under the direction of Project Leads and Engineering Manager.
- Convert ideas from the design engineering team into working design and standard documents.
- Generate 2D drawings including: sheet sets, layouts, diagrams, assembly drawings and detail drawings; Generate 3D models.
- Integrate firm’s drawing x-ref’s into larger overall client packages.
- Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for installation. Makes copies of drawings and maintains information regarding changes to database. Makes simple decisions but refers most questions/problems to engineers or supervisor.
- Reconcile drawing package items with related equipment lists and/or bills of materials.
- Has a solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology.
- Possesses mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Participate in meetings, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Architecture and/or Mechanical or related field
- 3+ years experience in architectural drafting and 3D modeling
- Strong experience with computerized design programs including AutoCAD
- Experience with scripting and LISP routine authoring
- Experience with CAD database integrations
- Experience in producing architectural/construction drawing sets
- Strong technical design and communication skills
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, and 3DS Max
- A cheerful presence and people skills