TechMD, Inc. is a quality-minded audio and video design consultancy for the best names in the entertainment industry. Our business has done well for twelve years via word-of-mouth, but we’re looking to continue to significantly grow our brand.
As an Associate Engineer, you’ll work to design and document commercial audio and video systems for a range of entertainment companies, including theme parks, museums, and other large-scale venues. Your duties will include providing project engineering support and assisting with system design, shop drawing creation, systems integration and testing, and programming.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with management to create schedules and budgets as required.
- Generate preliminary system designs, including location drawings, equipment lists and bills of materials.
- Generate and manage project documentation, including: single line drawings, cut sheets, manuals.
- Generate as-built documentation.
- Assist with installing systems on-site as required.
- Outline and present solution plans to management and project management.
- Keep up with market and technological trends.
- Support company training initiatives.
Your time will be split between in-house audio, video, and data systems design and in-field work to deploy said systems. You should be able to interface effectively with in-house staff and client engineering teams to evaluate, understand, create, and implement solutions for projects ranging from single venue to property-wide systems.
You’ll report directly to the Project Leads and our Engineering Manager, which includes a commitment to constant and timely communication; especially while in the field. Significant travel and time on-site may be required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must have the ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be self-motivated, positive, professional, and willing to help create, develop and implement project process improvements.
- Must be able work effectively under direct company guidance, and must also be able to manage on-location direction from clients and other stake-holders while keeping the needs of the company and its interests at the forefront. This is both a technical position and an ambassadorial role!
- Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer and vendor representatives.
- Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write, and give oral presentations.
- Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder, and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print, and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
We’re a relatively small company, so we need someone who’s willing to help out wherever they’re needed. Expect to learn a little about a lot of things, and to help your co-workers to do the same.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree: EE or Technical Theater preferred, but if you have experience and/or an interest in the following and the desire to learn, send us your resume and a note on why you think you’re worth taking a chance on. A candidate with a great attitude can learn on the job.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit fluent.
- Experience with audio DSP platform programming: QSys, NION, Soundweb, Symnet, etc.
- Experience with digital video players operation and interfaces with displays and projectors: DVI, SDI, etc.
- Understanding of encoding and loading of audio and video files and PC-based control systems for audio and video players.
- Experience with deployment of AV control systems: AMX, Alcorn, Medialon, Crestron, etc.
- Experience with speaker tuning software: Smaart, Systune, SIMM.
- Programming a plus; at minimum be able to troubleshoot and perform simple de-bugging of AV Control code written by others.
- Competence in speaker coverage mapping and power calculations. EASE capabilities a big plus.
- Basic understanding of computer networking: IP addressing, subnet masks, VLANs, etc.; Understanding of network switch configuration (Cisco, HP) a plus.
- Valid passport. No criminal records that would prevent government clearance or overseas work visa authorizations.
- And a sense of fun. After all, what we do is create entertainment!
This position is full-time and non-contract.
TechMD, Inc. is a casual environment (jeans are just fine) with a high degree of autonomy; you’ll work mostly independently with a high level of personal responsibility. The position is full time beginning immediately, and after an introductory period you’ll be eligible for health/dental benefits and a 401(k), plus nine days a year of vacation and ten paid holidays.
Please email resume and salary history to email@example.com.
Date Posted: 2015-06-09