Museum of the Bible
Bringing the Bible to Life
Our audio and video experts brought together the newest technical innovations to help tell stories from one of the oldest books in the world at the Museum of the Bible in Washington, D.C.. The third floor of the museum allows guests to walk through the stories of the Bible. This includes the “The Stories of the Bible experience” and the “New Testament Theater” which features a 200o wrap-around screen which envelops guests in a video experience that draws them into the story like never before. In a span of 25 minutes, guests experience classic stories from the Hebrew Bible (the Old Testament) including the moment of creation, the burning bush, and the plagues of Egypt.
This three year project allowed TechMDInc to work on all phases of Design, Installation, Integration and Programming to create the immersive Hebrew Bible Experience, a collection of 15 theatrical environments covering nearly 15,000 square feet. Our client spent months with us refining and virtually visualizing the show in Burbank, CA before anyone even stepped foot in the space in Washington, D.C.. We worked to leverage the magic of modern technology so that visitors felt like participants in the stories that have touched the lives of people the world over. Museum of the Bible benefits from our world-class support services, which provide quick and dedicated support year-round.
We would like to thank our collaboration partner, BRC Imagination Arts. Stories of the Bible was created, developed, and produced by BRC Imagination Arts.
Photo Credits: BRC Imagination Arts
System Assembly and Installation
- Electronic equipment rack builds in dust-free environments then shipped to site.
- Custom-built paging and control panels.
- Supervise installation of facility electrical infrastructure for Audio, Video, and Control systems.
- Collaborate with local contractors to coordinate show system installs.
- 3D printing suite and made-to-order panel CNC engraving.
Show Control Systems Design
- Reliable and robust control systems guarantee stability for years to come.
- Dedicated and shared resource networks ensure reliable communications between all show elements.
- Interactives including LiDar and IR based full body skeletal tracking and automation systems.
- Bespoke User Interface designs put operations and maintenance controls right where they’re needed.
- Custom plugin development allows control over 3rd party hardware.
Video and Projection Systems Design
- Multi-projector blends and UV Mapping capabilities with auto-calibration systems for easy maintenance and consistency.
- Synchronous high-frame rate video playback.
- Virtual Reality based previsualization solutions available.
- Highly detailed 3D projection and sight line studies with real world mockups as required.
- LED wall design, complete with perceived pixel pitch and resolution calculations to remain consistent with final media content.
Audio Systems Design
- Custom immersive aural experiences.
- Acoustic simulation modeling with detailed reports.
- Scalable and flexible hardware and software-based DSP.
- Multi-system integration, including Show Control and Fire Alarm connectivity.
- Synchronized playback with video, lighting, and special effects, as well as the ability to discreetly trigger effects and spiels.
Systems Operations Support
- Local or remote staff training.
- Operations and maintenance documentation and equipment cut sheets provided.
- Show file backups provided.
- Help desk and remote support services available.
- Available additional on site support as needed.
- One year warranty support after turnover date.