The Selig Experience at Miller Park
Selig Experience Scores a Homerun
Bud Selig’s unwavering dedication to America’s favorite pastime revived professional baseball in his hometown of Milwaukee and took him to the top of the game as Commissioner of Baseball for decades. Thanks to a creative partnership between BRC Imagination Arts, and TechMDinc, Brewers fans and baseball aficionados from around the world can step into history with The Selig Experience, a multimedia extravaganza at Miller Park Baseball Stadium.
Starting in a darkened 40-seat theater, fans are immersed in the experience with three projection surfaces aligned for a 180 degree view in a shallow space that creates immediate intimacy. The technical requirements went beyond the usual warping and blending and required detailed precision that would allow for adjustments by a local non-technical team. As baseball lovers lean into the big screen storytelling narrated by Bob Uecker, a wall lifts to reveal a replica of Selig’s office where a spectre of Bud appears and speaks directly to the audience. TechMDinc worked with BRC Imagination Arts to use video and lighting effects to create Bud’s lifelike form.
We would like to thank our collaboration partner, BRC Imagination Arts. The Selig Experience was created, developed, and produced by BRC Imagination Arts.
We would like to thank our collaboration partner BRC Imagination Arts, the primary creative producers on this project.
System Assembly and Installation
- Electronic equipment rack builds in dust-free environments then shipped to site.
- Custom-built paging and control panels.
- Supervise installation of facility electrical infrastructure for Audio, Video, and Control systems.
- Collaborate with local contractors to coordinate show system installs.
- 3D printing suite and made-to-order panel CNC engraving.
Show Control Systems Design
- Reliable and robust control systems guarantee stability for years to come.
- Dedicated and shared resource networks ensure reliable communications between all show elements.
- Interactives including LiDar and IR based full body skeletal tracking and automation systems.
- Bespoke User Interface designs put operations and maintenance controls right where they’re needed.
- Custom plugin development allows control over 3rd party hardware.
Video and Projection Systems Design
- Multi-projector blends and UV Mapping capabilities with auto-calibration systems for easy maintenance and consistency.
- Synchronous high-frame rate video playback.
- Virtual Reality based previsualization solutions available.
- Highly detailed 3D projection and sight line studies with real world mockups as required.
- LED wall design, complete with perceived pixel pitch and resolution calculations to remain consistent with final media content.